Pizza Swirl Bread
– 4 tbsp butter
– 1/3 c milk
-1/4 cup warm water
– 2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
– 1 tsp sugar
– 1 large egg
-2 1/4 c flour
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 2 tsp garlic
– 6 ounces provolone cheese, grated
– 4 ounces grated parmesan cheese
– 20-30 slices pepperoni
– 1/3 cup tomato sauce
– 1 tbsp italian seasoning
– In small sauce pan, combine milk and 2 tbsp butter over low heat. Heat till bubbles appear. then turn off
-Measure out 1/4 c of warm water and combine it w/ yeast and sugar. Let situ for 5-10 min until foamy. While dissolving tick pepperoni in microwave on papper towel for 30 seconds, remove a bit of grease. Spray 8 1/2 x 4 x 2 loaf pan
-Whisk egg w/ milk/butter mixture. In bowl, combine flour, salt. On low add milk/butter mixture, then yeast. Mix on medium till it comes together.
– remove from bowl and knead on lightly floured work space.
– Melt 2 tbsp of butter. Bruch one all over bowl, then place dough in bowl and coat with butter. cover and set in warm place for 1 hour.
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees
– After dough rises, roll into 8x 12 rectangle. Sprad on tomato sauce, garlic, provolone, pepperoni, and then parmesan and italian seasoning. Start at short end, and rol tightly into loaf. place in pan and brush w/ remaining butter and sprinkle w/ parmesan cheese.
-Bake for 45-50 minutes or top is golden brown.
From How Sweet It it