A few days ago, I went to my first meeting for the St Louis Triathlon Club. I talked about possibly joining this club before. So I contacted the group to get more information, and was invited to come to this meeting (possible new members are always welcome)
After working on the bathroom all day, I really just wanted to stay home, but decided I wanted to learn more about this group MORE than laying around in my comfy clothes 🙂
The group was absolutely amazing. I met Tara who is a member of the committee. I received A TON of information!
-There are over 250 members
-I was actually one of the young ones there!
-Each meeting they talk about a certain topic, this month was about Tri bikes and Road bikes. Why you want one or the other, how to clean them, etc.
– There is always food at the meetings (Score! haha)
– Not only do they have bike, run, and swim meet ups, but they also have social events. They have their picnic in April and everyone can bring their families
-The group has meet ups all month, with members setting some of them up. THey also have a “mentor meet up” every month. For new members to learn the ropes from older members.Love this idea!
– Not only do they compete in triathlons, but other races. And during the winter months they have a competition to see who can complete the most. Also, they give points for certain competitions, and at the end of the year they total them, and you get a gift card to Big Shark
– They also have a swim a thlon. When you see how much you can swim in an hour. The girl that won swam 4450!!! thats crazy!!!
– Everyone was in such amazing shape. Which really motivated me to GET IT TOGTHER! haha
So I decided to sign up for the group. I dont know how often I will be able to attend, but I am going to try my best. They also have meet ups during the day during the week. This will work well for me so I don’t have to leave Andrew, I can just go when he is at school.
But I will keep you guys updated!