Just a few months ago, I turned 29. My last year in my 20s. I have always been worried about “getting older”. I know some will be shaking their heads because they are a few years past 29. But as a kid, I hit 16 and didn’t want to get any older. Maybe a Peter Pan, never want to grow up mentality. Instead, 13 years later, I am a little excited and looking at it as an adventure and not a number.
After talking with my sister in law, who is also turning 30 next year, we decided we needed a bucket list. A small list of things we want to do, or see, or accomplish before our birthdays.
So now I am down to less than 12 months before the big day, and only a few things on my list. I need your help to fill in the rest!
- Hot air balloon ride
- Weekend vacation with just me and Andrew
- Try crossfit
- Sign up for a color/graffiti run (signed up!)
- Try rock climbing
- Start swimming again
- Hike with Andrew
- Learn to surf/paddle board
- Go to Mexico to celebrate our bdays (BOOKED!)
- Horseback riding
- Lose 35lbs (12lbs down already)
- volunteer with Andrew
- learn more about myself as a mom, friend, daughter, and sister. Be the best person I can be (ongoing)
- Picnic in the park
- Buy someone’s lunch secretly
Well that is only 1/2 way through! I know some of those might not happen, but I want to dream of things and actually DO them this year.
Question for you:
What should I add to my list?
What would be on your list?